Wednesday, July 25, 2012

"Homemade" lotion

"home-made" lotion-- ha-- first ingredient is store-bought lotion!
Nonetheless, I happen to love coconut oil and the smell of baby lotion,
so why not....
That's 8 oz coconut oil, 16 oz baby lotion (I use off-brand cuz its the same...)
and 8 oz vitamin E cream-- which also happens to be pink! Hooray:)

Instructions said to use hand beater... but its been hot here in Iowa, so my
oil was liquefied as you can see. Thus, my concern was that the oil would
splash everywhere so I stirred it with a spoon first.... it was still pretty
gloppy so I decided to stick it in the fridge for awhile and THEN use the
beaters! 

After chilling in the fridge...
Was it a good idea? Well... next time I make a batch, I won't chill it and
will let you know if it made any difference:)

Ta-da!!!
I just love re-purposing those baby food jars! They had been taking up too much room in my closet:)
Anyone want a sample? And by anyone, I mean friends or family within a close proximity, not some
stranger who accidentally stumbled upon my blog when googling for home-made lotion;)

No comments:

Post a Comment