Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Some of my amateur projects

My first batch of hats. The brown one was my very first....
Purple was second. It took me awhile to find a better way to
finish the crowns:p Baby blue 3rd, followed by pink striped,
light pink, purple stripe, and then I attempted to cable. I've
tried once since then, but let's just say that one never made
it to the end :) Maybe sometime I should take a picture of all
the knitting I did during the winter while sitting at the nursing
home every day! Then you can see my improvement;)

I made the munchkies hats for Christmas. Eva thought it was sad
that Gavin's hat didn't have a flower;)

Home-made vaseline= beeswax and olive (or coconut) oil!
This was not a waste- I was using vaseline at least once every
day for the past few years, no joke! Petroleum jelly is bad for you,
so I feel safer now:)

Best flourless chocolate cake EVER! I think its 5 ingredients-
eggs, chocolate chips, garbanzo beans, baking powder and sugar.
I made it yesterday to celebrate being done with my juice fast and
substituted raw honey for the sugar- tastes delicioso! I added a
pinch of baking soda to neutralize the acidity like they suggest. 
Ta-da! Sprinkled with powdered sugar on top and a few fresh
raspberries and it looks picture-perfect! (Some people love fruit
and chocolate together... I am not one of them. I tried it but ended
up just eating the berries first, then the cake;) )

Kudos to Tina for making this for me once upon a time when I did
gluten-free- I discovered a new love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment