Monday, May 3, 2010

Gearing up for Nicaragua!

Yippee!!!! Another outlet which allows me to speak my myriads of thoughts.
Are you prepared?! :)

With a bouncing, jabbering baby on my lap, I won't get far right now.

This is where I will post updates while I'm down in the humid climate of Nica.

3 more days...

Laura

----------- Addenum -----------
For you Shelley... because you were so disappointed in me ;)
To start, cut your expectations back a little bit... I love to talk but that doesn't promise it'll always entertain you!

Events of the day... in sequential order...

1. Walking in the door to Loren and Becky's is the best. I am always greeted with big, almost toothless grins. And we're starting to wave, which makes it that much cuter!

2. Waking up Eva. I set Kailey right next to Eva, who promptly pulls the blanket over her head and burrows into the crevice between the mattress and the wall. I finally had to pry the blankets out of her grasp and pull her out of bed. She's not a morning person... ;)

3. Choosing my username---- I wanted something unique, something different, cooler than anybody else's username. (pride goeth before destruction......) So, after an entire HOUR of scouring the recesses of my mind, with every attempt coming up as "sorry, this username is not available"--this is what I settled for. (they say not to do that when choosing a husband...)

4. I repacked my suitcases for Nicaragua for the third time.

5. Naptime!!

6. I take off for a dental appointment. I sat there and browsed through a "Family Fun" magazine for TEN minutes when I suddenly realized... my appointment is tomorrow.

7. "Mommy! Mommy's home!!!" (add a couple high-pitched squeals in there for full effect)

8. The end of my day was as good as the beginning! My hyper niece played hide and go seek with me. I told Eva to go count to ten. This is what I hear, "One, two, ready or not, here I come!"
I hid behind a door and watched her walk past me several times before I finally let her find me. :D To make it more fun, I hid Kailey in the Hello Kitty tent. Eva circled around the room a couple times, yelling "Kaaaailey, where areeee you?" I look over and see this gigantic baby eye staring at me in consternation. Cute beyond words:)

9. Back home again, I unpack, sort, and repack my suitcases a fourth time. And then a fifth time. And then I weigh and measure them all... more sorting...

Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment