Saturday, May 15, 2010

Swatting flies and sweating eyelids

A very warm welcome to all back home!

Your eyelids sweat. So does everything else. Droplets of sweat start running down your back...after the first couple inches the droplets all collect and you have a river of sweat rushing down your skin. My consolation is that everyone else is just as stinky as I am.
Don't know what the temperature has been but a couple days it must have been close to 100. Absolutely no air-conditioning... They said I would get used to it. After the first few days, I discovered what they meant. You do not get used to the unbearable heat, you do not stop sweating...you just get used to sweating non-stop. :)

Our week of children's meetings went very well! The afternoon class was 3-4 times bigger than the morning class. Our a.m. class consisted of 70-90 kids. Afternoon class started out with 250 with just over 400 the last day. About 250 free Bibles were given to those who came 4 out of 5 days.
Our week fly by with so much to do! We left the house before 8 every morning, got back home just before supper and then off to meeting for the evening!


My spanish, as little and primitive as it is, improves as time goes on. At least I will keep telling myself that... ;)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Laura, I thought I smelled something bad----now I know it is you----and all the way from Nicaragua!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any prospects for a "short,dark and handsome" yet? Don't give up, he is there somewhere! This "the guys and I" really sounds interesting; it won't be any fun when those other girls arrive. Oh by the way the weather is nice and cool here; I don't think I have sweat in several days.

    Keep up the good work, I am proud of you and may the Lord bless you and all you do in my second country. Oh, by the way give Mark and Brenda my sympathy, oh, er, uh, I mean greetings. your friend-----dale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura, It sounds like you are doing well even with all the sweating. Probably get rid of some of your unwelcomed bugs by them swimming away. I have been enjoying the cooler weather, but it will get warmer by the end of the week. Take care of yourself. Love you, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is warm here too:) Keep practicing that Spanish GF!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trouble!! I mean... DALE!!!! What's your email address? If its not on my page, you can email it to me at : laura_dempster2005@yahoo.com
    The short dark and handsome guys.... :D Well, the Lord is in charge of all that stuff but I'll send you and email if I need you to translate something for me :p
    Good to hear from you guys!
    Gramma, I miss you sooooo much!
    Shell, when you say 'warm' can you be more specific? ;)

    ReplyDelete